Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Things I Hope My Roommate Brings to College

Mr. Coffee TF5 4-Cup Switch Coffeemaker, Black1. A Coffee Maker/Cappuccino Machine
I love a good cup of coffee. Even a mediocre cup suffices in most circumstances. But I am one of those people who would like a coffee machine, but doesn't drink enough coffee to warrant buying one. A coffee machine would be useful, and from what I have seen, are hot items to buy and take to college this year. It seems like a lot of Stanford students like coffee and are planning to bring a machine to college. Some have mentioned bringing a kettle and French Press (great idea!), and some have even mentioned a Cappuccino machine! Either way, if my roommate brings either of those choices, I will be very happy. PS - I'll buy the filters!



Room Essentials Futon - Black2. A Futon
I like futon's for a number of reasons. For one, it is one of my favorite words to say. Pronounce futon right now out loud. Say it slow, with a burst of air as you say "foo" and dramatically as you spit out "ton". See what I mean? The Japanese have done many amazing things for the world, but I think coming up with the word "futon" ranks near the top.

But in all seriousness, futons are incredible useful pieces of furniture. They're fashionable sofas that transform into a comfortable, bed-alternative. A futon in a dorm room (granted your dorm is large enough to accommodate one) would be extremely versatile. Friends could come hang out easily, or even sleep over. It adds some flavor to the room and gives you something else to sit on and do your homework. Roommate, will you buy us a futon?


RCA 46LA45RQ 46" 1080p Full HD LCD TV3. A Giant TV - Duh
This would be the best thing ever. Not only because we could watch cable television, but because we would instantly be the coolest room on the floor (unless of course someone brings an even bigger TV...). TV's are great though! I have a lot of movies I'm bringing with me, so a big screen would be very nice. Of course, this wish is not very realistic at all. But hey, dream big right?

(But seriously, roommate, gets us a big screen. I'll buy you lunch once a month if you do!)


Black Labrador Retriever Solar Garden Light Dog Lab4. A Solar Powered Dog Statue Lamp
I'm not even kidding. Click the image to see the product. This lamp is solar powered and is a dog statue. Since you can't have pets, I thought a dog statue might be a nice touch to the room. Remember Rowdy, the dog on scrubs? He was such a central part of JD and Turk's friendship! So will this dog. Plus he will illuminate the dorm room with his precious lantern. There is also a golden lab model if you prefer golden color dogs. I don't mind. But I really think this dog could prove to be a bonding mechanism for us as roommates! Plus, he could guard our room and make sure nothing is disturbed or stolen. Plus, I think chicks would dig him!


Nostalgia CFF-965 Mini Chocolate Fondue Fountain with 2-Tier Tower5. A Chocolate Fountain
I'm actually considering buying this one myself. I mean, who doesn't need a chocolate foundation in their room?! Everyone needs, and wants, them. Not only are they classic items at a party, but I feel as if they are fundamentally a part of American culture. Waking up every morning to see a chocolate fountain running in the corner of your room will do wonders to your morale and attitude! Chocolate fountains may be messy, but they're so sweet! (You can shoot me for that horrible pun). Whether you like dipping strawberries or fingers into chocolate, you should get one of these for you and your roommate to enjoy.


I hope you liked my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment